Clogged drains are a common plumbing problem and can happen to almost everyone. If you fix them quickly, your home and plumbing system will sustain no damage, and you will avoid unnecessary repairs. At A1 Plumbing, we can inspect and repair clogged drains quickly and efficiently. Our technicians have worked with several clients in Reno, Sparks and Carson City, NV, and have handled all kinds of plumbing emergencies, including severely clogged drains.
Signs of Clogged Drains
It is best to address clogged drains issues quickly because if the drain pipe becomes completely blocked, you might experience backup or flooding. Here are some signs you should look out for:
- Slow Drainage – If your sink takes longer than usual to drain completely, you might have a clog somewhere in the plumbing system.
- Gurgling Sounds – Unusual sounds are also a sign of clogged or blocked drains. These odd sounds make it easier for us to isolate the possible location of the clog. For example, if the noises are coming from your bathtub/sink, there might be blockage the main drainage pipe.
- Overflow – If your sink or toilet overflows, it is a sign of a severe clog in the sewer line. You need to call an experienced plumbing technician immediately after noticing the backflow.
- Strange Odors – Strange odors are also a clear sign of blockage. If your bathroom or kitchen smells foul, you need to call an expert to clear the pipes and ensure there are no dangerous leaks.
These are just some of the signs of a drain clog. Unattended clogs can cause extensive water damage to your property. We treat severely clogged drains as emergencies and will send a technician your way immediately.
Clogged Drain Inspection
Our first step is to clean up any backup or flooding in the area to ensure the site is safe to use. Once the area is clean, our expert plumber will examine your plumbing system to find the source of the blockage. Our professional plumbers watch the drainage in different plumbing fixtures at varying levels of the house to isolate the clog. For example, if the water drains slowly in the upper story of the structure but is normal at the lower levels, we can assume the block is in the upper level of the plumbing system.
Clogged Drain Repair
We use safe and proven techniques to carry out clogged drain repairs. Our solutions vary based on the extent of the problem. Here’s a look at the options:
- Drain Snake – We use an auger to remove the most stubborn clogs from the drainage system. It is a powerful tool that punches through the clog before spinning around to loosen it. This tool works on almost all blockages, regardless of their severity.
- Hydrojet – If the clog is too stubborn or not easy to access, we will use the hydro jet to loosen it. A hydro jet uses water pressure to clear the blockage and clean the entire pipe effectively.
If you want to repair clogged drains, we at A1 Plumbing can help. Book our services by calling 1-775-746-5900 or through this Contact Us form, and we'll send an expert technician to your location promptly.