Slab Leak Repair & Replacement
Slab leaks occur under the foundation or the concrete slab of a home. They can cause extensive damage to your property if you don't address them quickly. At A1 Plumbing, we provide expert slab leak repair and replacement services to our clients in Reno, Sparks and Carson City, NV. Our technicians will carefully inspect the affected area to find the source of the leak and come up with a plan to repair it.
Signs of a Slab Leak
A slab leak occurs under a concrete slab, but that doesn't mean you won't realize it exists. The signs mentioned below are a clear indication of a severe slab leak.
- High Water Bills – If your water bill is running higher than usual for the past few months, you might have a slab leak.
- Pooling Water – The leaking water will always find gaps and corners in the foundation and come to the surface. Look for pooling in areas where there are no pipes or plumbing connections.
- Damp Floors – If your carpet is damp or hardwood floors are warping, you might have a slab leak. Keep an eye out for darker or wet spots that linger for days.
- Mold and Mildew – A damp and dark environment attract mold and mildew. If certain areas of your home smell musty, consider getting a professional inspection.
These are just some of the many signs of slab leaks. You should also be on the lookout for low water pressure or wet spots on the floor.
Slab Leak Inspection and Repair
We can only repair a slab leak if we know where it is located. Our technicians first take time to test the affected area and find the location of the leak. Here's a look at what we do:
- Our technician will perform a test to confirm there is a slab leak.
- They will use the latest leak detection technology and proven techniques to find the origin of the leak.
- Once our technicians have isolated it, they will excavate the area to access the pipe and inspect it visually.
- They will replace the old, damaged pipe with a new PVC component that is designed to last for several years.
- We also provide trenchless leak repair services, which are less invasive and more reliable.
Slab leak detection isn't as easy as it sounds. Since these are freshwater leaks, it is difficult to isolate their location correctly. Our technicians aren't qualified and experienced. Years of handling slab leak repairs enabled them to identify signs that less experienced professionals might miss.
If you notice any of these signs, call us immediately. We will send our experienced technician to your location for the inspection. They will provide a detailed report on the problem and recommend repairs.
If you want to repair a slab leak or replace the system, we at A1 Plumbing can help. Book our services by calling 1-775-746-5900 or through this Contact Us form, and we'll revert shortly.