Water Filtration Systems
Water filtration systems ensure the water you consume is safe and free of harmful contaminants. At A1 Plumbing, we have installed different kinds of water filtration systems in Reno, Sparks and Carson City, NV, and understand the process well. We're also familiar with the different products available in the market and know the best installation techniques. If you're concerned about the quality of water supply to your home, installing a filtration system is the right choice.
Benefits of Installing a Water Filtration System
A water filtration system is an excellent investment for every home, regardless of the type of water supply you have. While most water supply providers make sure that the water is safe to consume, installing a filtration system adds a layer of safety. Here are some of the most significant benefits of these systems:
- Safe Drinking Water – You will have access to safe drinking water that all times. The filtration system will remove all harmful impurities from the sea, including lead, bacteria, algae, fluoride, chlorine, and 2,100 other additives.
- Improves Taste – As the filtration system removes odors, contaminants, and other undesirable additives, your water will taste better.
- Saves Money – You can fill the home-filtered water in safe water bottles instead of relying on store-bought water.
- Reduce the Risk of Gastrointestinal Diseases – Parasites and bacteria in the water supply system can cause gastrointestinal problems. A good water filter will remove these harmful microorganisms and reduce the risk of these diseases.
These are just some of the many benefits of a water filtration system. We can explain the benefits in detail during the consultation and also explain the potential maintenance requirements. That will help you decide whether a filtration system is right for you.
Different Types of Water Filtration Systems
There are different kinds of filtration systems available in the market. Our experts have experience in installing and repairing these systems. Here’s a look at the types of systems available:
- Ion Exchange Water Filters – Ion exchange filters eliminate unwanted ions and replace them with more beneficial ones. This softens your tap water and makes it more palatable. In most cases, the filtration system will replace calcium or magnesium in your water with sodium. An ion-exchange water filtration system is more suitable for homes that receive hard water.
- Carbon Filtration – Carbon filters are the most popular types of filters available in the market today. The activated carbon absorbs contaminants like chlorine, sediment, odors, and other impurities from the tap water. It can't remove minerals and salts from your water but will remove volatile biological compounds.
- Reverse Osmosis – RO water purifiers are also very popular, particularly in the US. The filter removes dissolved inorganic compounds from the water, so you have safe and great-tasting water.
Our experts can help you choose the right water filter system based on your requirements, location, and budget. If you want to install a water filter, we at A1 Plumbing can help. Book our services by calling 1-775-746-5900 or through this Contact Us form, and we'll revert shortly.